Tokyo | Permanent | ¥4M - ¥10M
#1333 [Genetic Test] Engineer / Programmer *No Japanese required
You will be involved in the development of applications and web development of in-house products for the purpose of healthcare based on genetic test results, as well as the development of new products.
Tokyo | Permanent | ¥4M - ¥10M
Although all individuals look and think differently, live different lifestyles, and speak different languages, 99% of our genetic makeup is common across all humans. The diversity between us comes from the remaining 1%. The corporate mission is to embrace this 1%, and to use genetic analysis to encourage creating a healthy society that celebrates diversity.
The company's core genetic business is based on its Vision that in the next 10-20 years and during the 21st Century, the rise of Biotechnology, Genomics and Machine Learning will become a disruptive force in how we lead our lives. With this technology combined, the human brain power will be overpowered with a more powerful information source that could ultimately change the way we think, and decide about our health, our profession and how we communicate since the power of computing will be able to better predict the outcome of our choices.
When computing power has more advanced intelligence and consistency than our human brain and the technology is readily made available to alter the course of genetic destiny, we need to be responsible while wary of the setbacks that can occur due to the rising technological information age at the same time.
Based on the vision, their Corporate Philosophy is identified through 4 key areas to address Ethics, Social Responsibility and Celebration of Humanity as common goals to address the issues and solutions for the ever-expanding use of genetic information and technology without disturbing innovation and scientific advancements:
3. Corporate Governance
You will be involved in the development of applications and web development of in-house products for the purpose of healthcare based on genetic test results, as well as the development of new products. While collaborating with business owners, product managers, and designers, you will be involved in value and hypothesis verification on both the business and product sides.
・Redesign existing services and add functions
・Web application backend development
・Web application DB design, construction and operation
・In-house system operation and management
・Web application development and operation experience
・More than 3 years of development experience, more than 2 years of consumer web service development experience
・Experience in DB design, detailed design, test case design, etc.
・Business English ability *No Japanese required
・Development experience using React
・Development experience using multiple languages
・Experience in investigating and fixing bugs/failures
・Business Japanese ability
Employment Type: Permanent
Trial period: 6 months
Estimated annual salary: ¥4M - ¥10M (Includes payment for 45 hours of overtime work.)
*The bonus is provided once a year, which is included in the annual salary above
Work location: Tokyo
Working hours: ９:30－18:00 (1-hour break)
Holidays: 2 days a week (Saturdays and Sundays), national holidays
Vacation: Summer vacation, year-end and New Year holidays, and other vacations available
Overtime: Average 20 - 40 hours in a month
Benefits: Complete social insurance, commuting allowance (according to company regulations), and other benefits
Number of applicants: 1
Documents required for application: English or Japanese resume. Github. Research Abstract.
Online interview: Available
Interview language: English or Japanese
Number of interviews (flow): 2 or 3 times
Application for overseas residents: Unavailable
* May change depending on the situation of the candidate