#357 Machine Learning Engineer
This company is a comprehensive construction company with a wide variety of construction records. They deal with a wide variety of constructions, including commercial and leisure facilities such as shopping malls; and cultural and sports facilities such as museums, aquariums, and gymnasiums. They have a track record in Asian countries such as Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia, as well as in the United States, Canada, and Latin America. Among construction companies whose main business is to build new buildings, the company is also focusing on protecting historic buildings. There have been four full-scale restorations of castle towers in Japan, and the company has been involved in the restoration of two of them.
The company is looking for applied scientists with a passion for using machine learning to transform intelligent user experiences. They are a close-knit team of highly accomplished, deeply technical research scientists and machine learning engineers focused on delivering cutting-edge technologies that impact thousands of construction workers. As a member of this team, you will use your practical knowledge and experience with machine learning, computer vision, NLP, and/or artificial intelligence to take on meaningful technical problems and collaborate with the most innovative product development teams in the world. You will play a key role in defining, designing, implementing, and evaluating algorithms involving unique data and objectives. You will have the opportunity to contribute to every cool project around AI-based construction solutions and transfer your ideas into solutions for some of the most challenging technical problems in the next generation of construction technology.
- MS or Ph.D. in Machine learning, Computer Vision, or related field
- 5+ years of practical experience applying ML to tackle real-world problems.
- Expertise in at least one area of deep learning, computer vision, NLP, reinforcement learning.
- Strong experience in building early-stage products, and making them robust and scalable.
- Ability to distill vague product experiences into concrete problem definitions.
- Skilled in explaining and presenting analyses and machine learning concepts to a broad technical audience.
- Creative, collaborative, and innovation-focused.
- Consistent track record of building machine learning and/or computer vision systems
- Proficiency training large scale models using modern machine learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch) Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design, and model building Deep understanding of probability and statistics, especially as relates to experiment analysis
- Passion for adopting new technologies with high product impact Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
* No Japanese Required
-Employment Type: 1-year contract (Full-time) *There is a possibility to extend the contract
-Working Location: Remote work is available (mix of working in Tokyo office and home)
-Salary: 5M - 7M JPY
-4 weeks paid vacation (applicable after 2 months of trial period)