#362 System Integration Engineer
A cloud-based ground station platform offering ground station owners an opportunity to monetize their surplus capacity, and enabling satellite operators to communicate with their satellites from a varied range of antennas around the world, all through one common interface.
Access to outer space is growing! The cost barriers are lowering, enabling more organizations to utilize space technology for the betterment of life on Earth and beyond. The company enables spacecraft mission operators to have cost-effective access to a global network of ground stations through a secure, highly automated and standardized interface.
The System Integration Engineers are a key part of the company's overall success. Tasked with managing a range of technical projects including satellite mission and ground station onboarding. To ensure the success of each project, they work closely with internal and external stakeholders, solving issues, facilitating discussions, and keeping progress aligned with deadlines.
To excel, candidates need to possess strong communication skills as well as a solid technical foundation in space related telecommunication technologies. It is also a significant advantage if candidates have past experience in a technical role related to satellites or ground station networks.
If you enjoy the satisfaction of a project completed successfully, take great pride in customer success, and are excited about helping new partners discover how the company is changing the Ground-Segment-as-a-Service (GSaaS) sector, then this might just be the perfect fit!
1. Lead the integration of the company owned and third party owned ground stations into the company global ground station network, to include designing, developing, documenting, implementing, testing, and maintaining the solutions.
2. Lead new satellite mission onboarding activities to ensure that the satellite operator customers have a tested and reliable solution for communicating with their spacecraft from the company global ground station network.
3. Support the Business team by providing technical expertise and advice during client/partner discussions and technical proposal development, providing regulatory compliant solutions, estimates on budget and schedule, and identifying areas of risk.
4. Conduct technical assessments of new candidate ground stations and vendors to accurately identify the suitability and level of complexity related to integrating them into the global network.
4. Continuously evaluate and improve technical processes to ensure all missions and ground stations are on-boarded in a consistent, efficient manner resulting in reliable performance.
5. Recommend improvements to the product to ensure that the customers have the best and most cost-effective service offerings in the industry.
1. Initiative and commitment to provide excellent support to the customers.
2. Ability to read and understand technical documentation and diagrams.
3. A desire to learn and grow skills for yourself and the team.
4. Ability to communicate with customers, suppliers, and global colleagues in a clear and professional manner to support service delivery activities. English is the primary working language.
5. Demonstrated prior experience in configuring, testing, and operating satellite ground station or terrestrial wireless telecom equipment to include antenna systems, baseband systems, workstations/servers, and IT equipment, and test equipment.
6. Solid understanding of IP network communications.
7. Ability to use custom software products, including identifying functional limitations and suggesting solutions.
8. Ability to communicate with customers, suppliers, and global colleagues in a clear and professional manner to support service delivery activities.
9. Able to manage multiple tasks with different deadlines simultaneously.
10. Ability to work in Japan, including appropriate visa if not a Japanese resident.
11. Willingness and ability to travel internationally for extended periods up to 6-weeks at a time.
1. Space communications systems experience, with an understanding of the different requirements related LEO and GEO satellite communication systems.
2. General ability to read and understand software code.
3. Fluency in Japanese and English language.
4. Bachelor’s Degree or higher in engineering with focus on telecommunications technologies, or equivalent relevant industry/military experience.
5. An understanding of Agile project management.
6. Cloud service understanding (GCP, AWS, Azure, …).
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: Tokyo *remote work is available
Salary: 4M~7M JPY *It is determined considering your experience and skills
Work hours: 10:00~19:00 (Very flexible)