#489 [Construction] iOS Engineer
This company is a comprehensive construction company with a wide variety of construction records. They deal with a wide variety of constructions, including commercial and leisure facilities such as shopping malls; and cultural and sports facilities such as museums, aquariums, and gymnasiums. They have a track record in Asian countries such as Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia, as well as in the United States, Canada, and Latin America. Among construction companies whose main business is to build new buildings, the company is also focusing on protecting historic buildings. There have been four full-scale restorations of castle towers in Japan, and the company has been involved in the restoration of two of them.
The company has a close-knit team of highly accomplished, deeply technical research scientists, machine learning, and civil engineers focused on delivering cutting-edge technologies that impact thousands of construction workers. Their international-oriented working culture motivates them to push the envelope for collaboration and passion for solving challenging problems. Each member of the team gets an amazing opportunity to make a big impact within the team, and plenty of room to grow, helping to shape the team and culture.
(iOS developer) The company is looking for an iOS developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones and iPads. Your primary focus will be the development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are essential.
1. Design and build applications for the iOS platform focused on the construction market 2. Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
3. Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
4. Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
5. Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
1. Proficient with Swift and SwiftUI
2. Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
3. Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
4. Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services 5. Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
6. Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
7. Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
8. Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
9. Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
10. Knack for benchmarking and optimization
11. Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GitHub
12. Familiarity with continuous integration
English: Business/ Fluent
* No Japanese Required
1. Employment Type: 1-year contract (Full-time) *There is a possibility to extend the contract
2. Working Location: Remote work is available (mix of working in Tokyo office and home)
3. Salary: 5M - 8M JPY
4. 4 weeks paid vacation (applicable after 2 months of trial period)
5. Health benefits