This position is available only for people residing in Japan
Aiming for unmanned retail stores and better user experience, this company is building a platform that links a real store, automated by robotics, and a micro-sized DC, with the new concept of coming closer to the customer. There are many industrial automation robots for BtoB, but monetizing those technologies as a service in the field of BtoC (for customers) with high standards, in Japan, is a new challenge that most companies have not tackled so far.
This company aims at automating the retail business and creating a platform that enables end-users to have a better purchasing experience.
The company is currently developing and introducing a robot system with a masterless piece-picking system for groceries and daily necessities in the retail industry.
In order to further develop business and expand the market, you will be involved in product development, including the design, development, and implementation of new functions.
(After joining the company, you will be involved in areas according to your expertise, but you are also welcome to take on challenges in peripheral areas.)
As a SWE, you will support the AI team by building software infrastructure and deploying and monitoring the AI models. By closely working with senior AI engineers, you can leverage this opportunity to advance your AI skills. If you are excited about AI development, we will be more than happy to support you and consult on every step of model development, i.e., task definition, hypothesizing the solutions, training, and evaluation.
- Language: Python, C++
- Frameworks: React, Vue JS
- DB: SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Cloud: Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, AWS
- Others: Linux, GitHub, Docker, CI (Jenkins, GitHub Actions), Node-RED
- Strong software engineering skills with;
- Linux, Python with more than 4 years of experience,
- GitHub, Docker with more than 2 years of experience,
- CI, API and UI development with some experience.
- Basic experience and enthusiasm in AI.
- Ability to communicate smoothly with other members of the team.
- Ability to ask questions spontaneously when something is unclear.
- Ability to work proactively.
- Interest in the retail industry.
- Japanese language skill is not required.
- ROS/ROS2 experience.
- Experience in developing AI models especially for vision.
- Experience in computer vision development.
- Experience with industrial robots.
Employment type: Permanent
Probation period: 3 months
Estimated annual income: ¥5M - ¥10M
Work location: Tokyo (Full-remote)
Working hours: You can choose a Fixed time or flextime system
Holidays: 2 days a week (Saturdays and Sundays), national holidays
Vacation: Summer vacation, year-end and New Year holidays, and other vacations available
Benefits: Complete social insurance, commuting allowance (according to company regulations), and other benefits
[About the selection*]
Number of accetable applicants: 2
Documents required for application: English resume
Online interview: Available
Interview language: English
Number of interviews: 2 times
Application for overseas residents: Not possible
* May change depending on the situation of the candidate